Ceramic Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceramic Guns

Ok, what gun(s) is everyone using for spraying ceramics? I think an air brush is a bit too small for doing headers but a nice gravity fed touch-up gun should do the trick.

Re: Ceramic Guns

devilbiss sriw with 0.8 tip at 20psi. i love it. with a 1.0 tip at 30psi, works great for liquid clearing smaller pieces like motorcycle tins and bicycles.
    Len

Figure Finishing
    Manassas Park, VA
    www.FigureEngineering.com

Comment

This is what I found? Is this what you are talking about?
      http://www.tcpglobal.com/spraygundepot/devsri.aspx

Comment

The gun at the top of the page is the one I use most.

http://www.matcotools.com/Catalog/toolc ... ct=&page=2

Comment

Thanks, I'll have to check out both of these. Seems like an airbrush just won't hold enough paint.

Comment

All I use is the Vega 2000 air brush. IMO I have much better control especially in the tight areas between tubes. I have tried several HVLP with fan patterns and I always get runs trying to cut in with the fan pattern. As far as enough paint in the bottle there are larger bottles for the vega I have a 2oz bottle on mine and can coat a single long tube header usually without needing to refill.

Comment

I have the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS air brush. The description is as follows:
              Gravity-feed airbrush features a unique 0.35-mm needle and nozzle combination for fine-detail spraying, but with high-paint-flow capacity
              1/3 oz. sized cup is designed with a new funnel shape, which makes for easy clean up and more efficient paint flow
              Automotive artists, fine artists and students will appreciate how well the Eclipse CS sprays heavier acrylics and Medea Textile Colors, while maintaining high-detail spray characteristics.

I've also got a Binks Wren B air brush in storage, somewhere. It does have different bottle sizes.

Maybe I need a different one for heavier work. This is for my ventures into boat art.

Comment

Originally posted by Auto-Cycle PC View Post
                All I use is the Vega 2000 air brush. IMO I have much better control especially in the tight areas between tubes. I have tried several HVLP with fan patterns and I always get runs trying to cut in with the fan pattern. As far as enough paint in the bottle there are larger bottles for the vega I have a 2oz bottle on mine and can coat a single long tube header usually without needing to refill.
                can you use the liquid to powder through the Vega 2000? For powder coating.

Comment

Yes you can. You will need an Air Supply System to drive the Vega 2000 Air Brush. The Air Star 5 has the compressor built in. It is a perfect match for the Vega.
                  Here's the link to our page for the Vega 2000 Air Brush:

http://www.powderbuythepound.com/VEG..._AIRBRUSH_SET/

Last edited by PowderGuru; 08-16-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X