PBTP Ceramic VS VHT Ceramic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBTP Ceramic VS VHT Ceramic

What is the difference between the PBTP ceramic, or say VHT header paint with ceramic?

I don't know what the VHT stuff is but the ceramics that PBTP sells are from Techline Coatings. PBTP is one of their distributors.

Comment

That name sounds familiar..... what are they known for?

Also does the PBTP stuff have a short shelf life? I bought it a few months ago and the lid is somewhat expanded from pressure.

Comment

I have used VHT as a test on headers, 1 in ceramic and 1 in VHT...IMHO...VHT is junk...followed the directions to a tee and still didn't last.

Comment

Originally posted by dudedustman View Post
          That name sounds familiar..... what are they known for?

Also does the PBTP stuff have a short shelf life? I bought it a few months ago and the lid is somewhat expanded from pressure.
          Shelf life varies by product but most are ~1-3 years. Storage conditions are similar to powder coating i.e. cool dry place out of direct sunlight. If you are storing the ceramic in an uninsulated and non temperature regulated garage or shop then you definitely run the risk of exploding a container in the summer months especially if the ceramic in question is solvent based and not water based.

Comment

Working...
          X