cleaning and prep solution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cleaning and prep solution

How long can you expect the solution to last in a tank. I 'm finally getting to the point where I am setting up my cleaning and prep room. I have these large plastic tanks that will probably hold 100 gals of solution. I plan on using something that will clean and prep my parts in the first tank then have a rinse tank or two then I also could have a tank for a sealer solution then I plan on using one more for an air dryer before the parts are carried to the spray booth. My question is how long will a 100 gal mixture of these cleaning/prep and sealer solution last before they need to be tossed. Some of my parts are large and are the reason why I decided to use these large tanks.

I guess I could use a smaller batch of mixture by placing the parts in the tanks and using a pump to spray the solution on to the parts but I think I would rather use the dip and soak process better. I hate the idea of having to dump that much solution every couple weeks for obvious reasons. My setup before was small and limited and throwing away a gal of mix every week or so wasn't so bad.

With proper cleaning methods, up to a year. If you are noticing that it isn't working well and it has been cleaned, it may be too diluted. As long as you keep it moderately clean, you should be good for a good stretch of time. It all depends on how frequently you're using it, how you maintain it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by baileighwalling View Post
      With proper cleaning methods, up to a year. If you are noticing that it isn't working well and it has been cleaned, it may be too diluted. As long as you keep it moderately clean, you should be good for a good stretch of time. It all depends on how frequently you're using it, how you maintain it, etc.
      Ok, thanks but what exactly do you have to do to maintain the tank? I had planed on adding a pump and strainer to recirculate and adgitate the solution what else needs to be done?

Comment

Cover it so it doesn't evaporate, so moisture stays out. Keep it topped off, etc. When you add the extra water to top it off, also add the proper mixture of solution.

Comment

Originally posted by baileighwalling View Post
          Cover it so it doesn't evaporate, so moisture stays out. Keep it topped off, etc. When you add the extra water to top it off, also add the proper mixture of solution.
          Is there a quide somewhere that will show the mix ratio? Or, how much or the cleaner/prep product will it take for say 125 gals of water?

Comment

There should be a mix ratio on the actual cleaner.

Comment

Working...
            X