Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need pix of purple powder coating...please

Hi guys...
    I'm a newbie and already have a favor to ask. I want to powder coat the calipers on my Z06 purple...
    could you guys kindly post pix of anything that you have powder coated purple so i can get an idea of the full shade....the samples they show aren't clear enough for me.
    Thanx soooo much,
    ~Marie

Re: Need pix of purple powder coating...please

If by solid you mean flat...i don't think i want that....candies, metallics.

I'm not exactly sure what the technique/texture is called....but kinda like a candy apple (the kind that you eat) but in purple...make sense?
    I wonder if this is something i can do myself once i find the right color

Comment

oh no yuck!!!!....no solid then....the other one metallicy/translucent :P

Comment

Any and all shades of a dark purple will be perfect to help me make up my mind. Like this:

Comment

Hey bro here is an air cleaner coated in candy purple, with a bondred chrome base coat. The base coat is an absolute nessesity, unless your substrate (piece you are coating) is perfect chrome. Like HD said,any questions just ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Harleydad
            Looks like candy purple is what you're after.
            http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalo ... ucts_id=34
            Be aware that you'll need to apply a base coat first, X-treme chrome, Ultimate chrome, Mirror silver, Sparkle Silver, something along those lines. Any questions, just ask.
            Wow...i didn't know there were sooo many variations of base coats, but i'm sure it's necessary to achieve the finish i'm after. Deciding on which one wil be the hard part for me. Being indecisive doesn't help

Originally posted by Wespe4
            Hey bro here is an air cleaner coated in candy purple, with a
            bondred chrome base coat. The base coat is an absolute nessesity, unless your
            substrate (piece you are coating) is perfect chrome. Like HD said,any questions
            just ask.
            WOW...i love the finish! I just want something a bit deeper of a purple...that piston
            up above looks more bluish now that i see them together to compare. Anyone have any deeper candy purpled powder coated images?
            Also, is there a how-to for beginners on this forum? Which will also explain everything i'll need tools etc....?
            Thanx-a-bunch, MARIE

Comment

the website i got this pic from says it's candy purple (they said the flash makes it appear lighter)
              Wow...i really like these!

Guess i won't be needing anymore pix....i think i found the exact color i want. Thanx

Comment

the finish also depends on the basecoat

Comment

Wow!!!! Is it possible to achieve this with powder coating?

Here is the source i got them from: Corvette Forum
                  I would happily let my calipers be guinea pigs if anyone wants to try it out

Comment

Looks like chrome powder to me.

Comment

The Ultimate chrome should do the trick

Comment

Quote from the CF thread.
                        Here is a set of calipers and brackets in ceramic chrome, its called cermi-chrome.
                        So does that mean they "are" powder coated...or could some other technique have been used?

Comment

That tells me they were done in ceramic, not powder. Totally different process and applied wet like paint, then buffed after curing to achieve the chrome brilliance. The jury is still out on that new "Ultimate Chrome" powder, but several of us will be trying it soon (me included) and will let you know how it looks.
                          Dan
                          sigpic

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

Comment

Ultimate Chrome is powder coat and does not stand up to high heat ! oh Dan my boy.... the Ultimate chrome has been testing against chrome plating and to the joy of all, it has passed and is less expensive than plating..

Comment

You can create a darker finish by applying over a darker basecoat or multipule coats of the topcoat

Comment

Working...
                              X