Fluorescent red.....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluorescent red.....?

We would like to have our motor shroud, chain guard and valve cover powder coated to match the graphics on the kart....My vinyl guy calls the color "Flow Red" it's hard to get a good pic of it to really show the color....It looks more orange than red but not hunter vest orange.

Here is the best pic I have....Anybody got a guess what color powder coating to use....?

Thank You
    Brian

[attachment=0:u058zsov]DSC01824.JPG[/attachment:u058zsov]

Re: Fluorescent red.....?

so weird... i had a kart racer ask me for the exact some color a couple days ago.

Comment

It really pops under a blacklight and on the track.

Comment

Welcome to da forum Wee

Comment

Welcome aboart! That aint no briggs that Ive ever seen. What class are you guys running? I used to run limited modified and stock heavy classes all the time.

What kind of set up are you running, frame and all?

Comment

It a Briggs Animal motor....It came out maybe 5 or 6 years ago....In WKA stock form they make about the same HP of a limited without having to turn them so hard.....Last race we turned right at 7400 rpm.....Basically Briggs had to replace the flathead because of the EPA and now most tillers run a 6.5 HP OHV side shaft motor that is pretty close to what U see on the kart.

The frame we run is a Falcon chassis built by Bradley Gerrells.

We race mostly in Georgia....Going this weekend to shoot a 10,000 to win Kart race over in Carnesville Ga. for the track owner....If we were not doing the video we would be trying to make that show....If U wanna see some good racing show up this weekend.

What tracks did U race at....? Any clue how much it will cost to have the parts powder coated....? The paint off all parts 6 total all small....I can post a pic tomorrow from the office of the parts.

More pics, videos and race reports on your website.... http://www.D86.com

Brian

Comment

Here are the parts....Other colors he likes....Deep metallic blue, Solar rain, Black cherry, Mirror white, candy gold.

[attachment=0:11cicvi5]DSC02308.JPG[/attachment:11cicvi5]

Comment

Forget about the Solar Rain. That looks the best over real chrome. Chrome powder basecoat won't give you the look you're after. The other color choices will work however.

Best of luck.
                Dan
                sigpic

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

Comment

Ok...He picked a color...Black Lava by PBTP....How much....?

Brian

Comment

C'mon you guys. I know there are at least a couple of you that do these motors every once in awhile. Chime in. I know I've seen several pics posted in the past. I'd probably be at about $80 for the works in a single color, 50% more for a basecoat/clearcoat like the Black Lava. I don't want everyone pricing off of me. CPC-2 says I'll go broke at what I charge!

Best of luck.
                    Dan
                    sigpic

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

Comment

that seems cheap to me. that black lava is awesome though...they will look great. yea you want to clear it for durability so i would say like $150 for all that easy...that is a chunk of parts. the lb of lava is $17 i think.

Comment

Thanx for the responces guys....We ended up going with the same color as the kart chassis....Textured flat black...Same guy that does the chassis for the builder did our motor parts....Get this the whole thing was only $45

I'll post a pic when I get the motor back together.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                        X