Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a better question. ... what are you using to shoot liquid to powder? Im confused how an air brush can be used yet a large tip HPLV gun is needed. There are a lot more 2.0 tip guns available vs 2.5. These are usually primer or heavy metal flake type guns. I would prefer a small cup touch up gun if possible but the rarely go over 1.0mm.

Comment

You can use distilled water to thin your liquid to powder and use a smaller tip, just make sure you let the product dry completely before curing.
      Powder Buy The Pound Technical Support

Comment

Ben

I just tried calling. It appears you are closed today.

So you're saying if I need it to be thinner than the 50/50 LTP makes it I can just add additional distilled water? I haven't received my order yet but I am assuming the LTP solution has a faster evaporation rate than water so I would like to stick to the recommended 50/50 mix if at all possible.
        Can you please recommend a minimum and maximum tip size for the recommended 50/50 mix?
        Lenny had posted earlier larger than 2.4mm but I see it shot with much smaller. I just don't know if they are thinning it further to do so.

Comment

The 2.4mm tip is what is recommended and is what we use, you would just have to experiment with smaller tip sizes and thinning the product to make it work best for your situation.

Comment

Thanks... no more L2P questions from me...
            Just wish my 2 day shipments were not taking 7 days or more or I would have been shooting this stuff already.

Comment

so how much coverage should we get? I am wanting to do some hot candy blue to start, side covers, lower fairings, front fairing, all are some kind of plastic [harley] and my trike fenders are fiberglass. what can i use to safely strip the paint on all of this? and i am assuming that all the coats have to use the liquid2powder?
              Last edited by rider1234; 04-21-2015, 04:02 PM. Reason: needed more info

Comment

i guess no one has an answer or this isn't worth commenting on????

Comment

Coverage with Liquid to Powder could vary greatly depending on how thick it is applied. If it is applied at the same mil thickness as when you are powder coating it should have about the same coverage. You will have to make sure the plastic and fiberglass parts can withstand the cure temp though.

Comment

Working...
                  X