• woody01
    • Apr 2024

would this be a good choice to start out

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-EcoCut ... _1652.html
    or what do you guy's use...links if you have them
  • powderpainter
    • Oct 2009

Re: would this be a good choise to start out

I have always wondered what would be a good starting point for around a grand -software,vinyll,and the misc you never think of

I am not a so I have no idea what is good or bad so anyone with some insight on this ,I sure would love to hear it

Comment

• LarryH
      • Apr 2024

All these entry level cutters come from China and re-sold like powder guns. I have a 34" model I ordered from Seiki on ebay. The things I found to look at mainly is the software that is included. That is where the money piles up quick! Mine came with flexiSTARTER v8.6 which sells for around $100. It is limited in the design area, but is a great cutting only software. The full verson, sit down, $1750 and on up. So do some research on the software included, if it is only a trial that expires, and research the software itself (if included) and see it's capabilities. Being able to bitmap (trace images) is a useful tool that my software didn't come with. So I had to download Inkscape and import. Also look at how the vinyl feeds with nips and how many. The nips leave little marks where they run, so I try to lay stuff out where they don't run, so you lose some of your vinyl. Mine has 3 adjustable ones. Some cutters come with only two, and if you are doing small stuff, that might give you some issues. I remember looking at a model that ran 2 nips on the outside, and a vacuum mechanism in the center. I wish I would have looked harder at that personally. Watch Ebay, set what you want to spend, and keep trying. It took 4 auctions before I got mine for only $225 new. There are many on there... It was money well spent, it works very well for someone who isn't going to use it everyday. They are kinda addicting at first. I cut out all kind of stuff I just have laying around now.

Comment

• powderpainter
        • Oct 2009

Larry
        great info and thank you,,,

anyone else feel free to chime in I need to build my computer confidence and then make the jump ,how hard is it to learn how to use

Comment

• LarryH
          • Apr 2024

I'd say it is mid level complicating. I give my computer knowledge a B- and I didn't have much issue getting it going. Now using the designing software, you better be a graphic artist aside from doing anything besides text or importing already to cut images. So far I haven't found much help either. Mine came with absolutely no instructions, and that seems par for the course with them.

Comment

• powderpainter
            • Oct 2009

I would say my computer skills are also a B(ish) it all depends on what I am doing on/with the computer

Comment

• woody01
              • Apr 2024

So Jeff your saying you know how to click and watch the video's

Comment

• powderpainter
                • Oct 2009

we all start somewhere

I can do most things but graphic design isnt 1 of them

Comment