Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Match ?? Brushed Nickel

Anyone ever Match Brushed Nickel ?
    Im going to try maybe Viking Stainless or chrome and Scratch surface with Steel wool and Clear with a matte or satin clear..

http://www.poshknob.co.uk/images/Aco...d%20nickel.jpg

Re: Color Match ?? Brushed Nickel

That would be a very interesting combo! Post some pics and how you did it, please!

Comment

PBTP also has a Timberland Nickel powder. I have some, but haven't shot any yet. You'd still have to use your steel wool/sanding technique to get the brushed look. Should work! Pics will be interesting.
      Dan
      sigpic

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

Comment

I just saw Chip Foose do that on a rerun of Overhauled. He used a sand sponge found just about everywhere. Gave it a light scratch and cleared it. Looked friggin awesome. I was gonna try it on some standard silver soon. I just wish he mentioned what grit, prolly 180...

Comment

I saw that show also, that boy ended up with a nice ride! The 180 grit might be just a little bit too coarse for a real fine looking brush look.

Comment

I'm glad this got brought up. I have some brass lamps that I was wanting to coat to look like brushed nickel. I'll have to give it a try soon. I would love to see pics if someone has any success trying.

Comment

Working...
            X