Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rbroker
    • Mar 2024

Black chrome 2

Can anyone confirm that black chrome 2 is indeed a candy? I have a sample swatch from here but you can see a lick of the substrate. My customer's concerned about small scratches on his aluminum valve covers showing through the top coat.

Am I the only one who can't get the search feature to work for them not against them? I tried and tried to no avail.

Thanks as always.
    Rob
  • Auto-Cycle PC

Re: Black chrome 2

Yes it is a candy/transparent and will need a basecoat.

Comment

• nolatodd
      • Mar 2024

the search in the forum or the catalog? I have great luck w the catalog one, dont use the forum one that often. less is more a lot of the time. like type in 'fire red' in the search and you will get 4 hits, 2 of which you want

hmmm I am betting since I just tried it and a search on black chrome tells you that both words are to popular you might mean in the forums lol the forum looks like it is no-spider too so google doesn't have the forums in their search or you could google with the site: flag.

powderbuy you should change that! it is in your phpbb settings.

Comment

• duke 46
        • Mar 2024

If you are wanting the Black Chrome II to turn out like you want and blueish in color you have to but that over polished aluminum or real chrome and yep for sure the scratches will show through. You either have to live with that or start doing some good polishing.

Here is one of the best pictures I seen taken using black chrome. Not sure who did it but sure would like to use it on my web site as to the appearance of it and not that I did it. I guess I need to set up a category of other peoples coated items

[quote="rbroker"]Can anyone confirm that black chrome 2 is indeed a candy? I have a sample swatch from here but you can see a lick of the substrate. My customer's concerned about small scratches on his aluminum valve covers showing through the top coat.

Comment

Originally posted by rbroker
          Can anyone confirm that black chrome 2 is indeed a candy? I have a sample swatch from here but you can see a lick of the substrate. My customer's concerned about small scratches on his aluminum valve covers showing through the top coat.

Am I the only one who can't get the search feature to work for them not against them? I tried and tried to no avail.

Thanks as always.
          Rob
          We carry three Black Chromes, one is a metallic, one is a polyester and one is a polyurethane. To recommend which would be best for your application we would need to know what the substrate is...

Comment

• zx10
            • Mar 2024

Originally posted by THEKING

Thanks as always.
            Rob
            We carry three Black Chromes, one is a metallic, one is a polyester and one is a polyurethane. To recommend which would be best for your application we would need to know what the substrate is...[/quote]

Aluminum, using a Chrome base coat For me anyhow. Will be used outside lots of Sun and moving parts.

Comment

• rbroker

Polished aluminum for me. Intake and valve covers.

Comment

Originally posted by zx10
                Originally posted by THEKING

Thanks as always.
                Rob
                We carry three Black Chromes, one is a metallic, one is a polyester and one is a polyurethane. To recommend which would be best for your application we would need to know what the substrate is...[/quote]

Aluminum, using a Chrome base coat For me anyhow. Will be used outside lots of Sun and moving parts.
                What Chrome Base ? All Chrome powders have a different hue to them

Comment

• baz

just to clarify things, i did the parts on that picture and it is black chrome but it is not pbtp s black chrome

Comment

Was it a metallic or tinted clear ? that is the ?

Comment

• zx10
                      • Mar 2024

.[/quote]

What Chrome Base ? All Chrome powders have a different hue to them[/quote]

Ultimate Chrome I hope too use

Comment

Use the Solar Rain....

Comment

• duke 46
                          • Mar 2024

yep it is EW I think? I have had that picture for a long time because it was so good PBTP II looks the same. Took a bunch of trying to find out.

Originally posted by baz
                          just to clarify things, i did the parts on that picture and it is black chrome but it is not pbtp s black chrome

Comment

• duke 46
                            • Mar 2024

Well dag it I guess I try shooting the II over the ULT again? The EW turned out greenish? So i will go over blasted aluminum and then glass and see what I get? If it don't work I will be after your BUTT Hell worth a try and well worth the money if it works like the pictures for sure. And some how I missed that post and after all the dag testing I was trying to do also on it because of all the guys that would like to be able to use it over powder chrome!

Originally posted by Harleydad
                            Black Chrome II

Over real chrome:
                            viewtopic.php?f=4&t=859

Over Ultimate Chrome powder:
                            viewtopic.php?f=4&t=776

Comment

• rbroker

My customer wants the charcoal look of black chrome, not blue, plum, or green hues to it. Hes anal from what I can gather.

I think i'll spray a black tint (EW) test panel instead. There's too much at risk to guess what the color will come out like. I wish I had polished aluminum sitting around to spray tests on. Damn.

Comment

Working...