Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBTP Chinese Gun *REVIEW*

Sorry for the delay everyone.

I have had the opportunity to use this gun for over a week now. So here goes.

GUN: PBTP Chinese Gun

Arrival and unpacking: The system arrived to me next day but we are fairly close so that helps. It was packaged very well and there was no damage to the unit. No instructions are included yet and could be a little overwhelming if you have never seen a unit like this setup. I can help if anyone need instructions before they get them included and translated.

Setup: Setup and connections were fairly easy once I got it all separated and laid out. Simple design for the way the cup gun works.

Appearance and functionality: The controller is close in size to a Gema CPG-1 controller. The gun is light weight and feels good in your hand without the extra weight of a bulky air hose/powder tube connected. Dont let all the dials and controls confuse you the only air adjustment that is functional in the cup gun setup is the air controller on the far left. Then all you have is the kv control and power on/off. The rest of the air adjustments make the system expandable to a hopper unit later if necessary. The system comes with many different tips for different situations.

CON's: None!! (just kidding)
    The cup is small. I was able to coat a Harley outer primary inside and out with one cup. This cup will hold almost a half of a full cup from an EW pro gun.
    The lid for the cup is very difficult to deal with. Its easy to cross thread if your not careful and it takes about 5 turns to get it screwed all the way on. My suggestion here is see if the company will redesign the lid with a coarser thread pattern so it screws on easier. This is very aggravating if you are in the middle of a part and have to refill and the lid wont go on straight.
    I put this gun through several tests just to see how it will perform and it will not spray damp clumpy powder so if you have some dont expect good results.

PRO's:
    Adjustable kv/amperage.
    Cup gun for small batches.
    Light weight gun.
    Assortment of tips included.
    Easy Cleanup.
    System can be made expandable to a hopper system.
    Consistent spray pattern. (Not as good as a hopper system but much better than any other gun on the market in this price range)
    Multiple coats can be applied cold. (I have applied up to 3 coats cold with this gun)
    Quiet operation compared to the other gun like this one.

Overview:
    I wish a gun like this had been available when I started out it would have saved me a lot of rework from inconsistent guns I have used. This is about as close as you can get to a high dollar gun without spending the $3-5k. I have said this before you will have to learn to use this gun the proper way and break your old habits of hot flocking and spraying real close to the part like you have to do with the hobby type guns. If you hot flock with this gun you will get unacceptable results 9 out of 10 times. Hot flocking will make the powder drip off the part because of the added attraction you have with this gun. The footprint of this controller is a little large if you only plan to use it as a cup gun but it should be expandable as a hopper gun in the future. I was successful at applying three coats cold, but I had to drop the voltage each coat and back away from the part. I recommend this gun over any of the others I have used in this price range. I am purchasing this gun and will be using it in place of the EW Pro.

Feel free to ask any questions or if there is anything you would like me to try with this gun let me know and I will trial it and post my results.

Re: PBTP Chinese Gun *REVIEW*

Great REVIEW!

Thanks Jason.

Comment

I've got a request! How about trying HD heads with the deep fins. Do a base in chrome and a cold candy over it! Thanks...

Comment

THANKS JASON

Comment

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Comment

Very nice review
            JOSH
            JNZ Finishing LLC.

Comment

Very good review.....

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BeeBob
                I've got a request! How about trying HD heads with the deep fins. Do a base in chrome and a cold candy over it! Thanks...
                I dont have a set of heads to try it on but I do have some jugs I could give it a shot on. Will that be good enough?

Comment

Did Auto Cycle sayJUGS ?

Comment

Yea baby when are you coming back to Chatt?

Comment

let's see, do you have any pic's? and do you have the time?

Comment

Originally posted by THEKING
                        HEY! You know I have braces too!

Comment

Originally posted by Powder_Coating_Pros
                          LOL

Comment

I got any pics you want..... and I always have time for you!!!

Comment

[quote=Auto-Cycle PC]
                              Originally posted by "Powder_Coating_Pros":3fpifsxv
                              LOL[/quote:3fpifsxv]
                              Mine are silver wire & brackets on the bottom with gray inserts...Top is pearl inserts with white wire and clear brackets.

Comment

Working...
                              X