High temp masking tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High temp masking tape

Has anyone tried having high temp powder coating masking tape cut on a vinyl cutting machine?? I bout some six inch green 400degree masking tape from 3m the other day and had my buddy stick it on some vinyl paper and cut it on his machine... It cut great

My question is if anyone has done this what kind of paper do you stick the tape to... I cant get the tape back off the vinyl paper because the tape is to stick?

I was almost considering like wax paper?? Any comments?

Re: High temp masking tape

Get some of the backing paper that the vinyl came off and stick it to that, it should work fine in the plotter after that.

Comment

Originally posted by o1racing03
      Get some of the backing paper that the vinyl came off and stick it to that, it should work fine in the plotter after that.

Yeah thats what i tried... The tape is too sticky it peals up the backing paper in layers

Comment

Originally posted by XaboveX112
        Originally posted by o1racing03

Yeah thats what i tried... The tape is too sticky it peals up the backing paper in layers
        Are you sure you put it on the right side of the backing paper? It has a paper side and a slick side, the slick side being the one with the vinyl on it. I have a piece here and have pushing and pulling the tape on and off and I think it is exactly what you need. The Green mask(6") sticks and removes just like the vinyl.

Comment

Working...
        X