ATV wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATV wheels

What do you guys get to do ATV wheels out there. Just looking do do mirror black.

Re: ATV wheels

25/wheel
    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

Comment

Cool man, thanks. Ive never really fooled with these things, are they 1 peice or a 2 peice I would have to tear down before coating? As you can tell I dont have them in my posession yet.

Comment

single piece spun aluminum. The front lip and rear lip is the hardest part the its too tight of an area to draw powder into. I cheat a little and use spray paint for the area just to get it covered, then coat the whole thing. also when you blast them you will have to thoroughly clean that lip out if not sand or glass or whatever your media is will come back out of it. so watch out for it. the lip im referrin to is smaller then 1/2 the thickness of a razor blade.
        http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

Comment

Well that should be interesting to deal with.

Comment

They can be a p.i.t.a. for sure. Those lips also hold grease and crud (and D-Zolve) that can run out and mess things up for you during cure as well.
            Dan
            sigpic

I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

Comment

While i've yet to coat a rim that has this problem, I bought a set of dental picks at HF for this exact purpose when it arrives. They should be able to pick it out.

Cant beat $1.99

Comment

I've done several sets and have been fortunate in that I've not had to strip paint/powder off of any. I'm w/ rbroker on the picks, scrape as much of the dried dirt and mud out and then blow w/ compressed air. I then just give them a good soap and water bath, blow dry, wipe with Prep-all let dry and coat.

Comment

Mine came out Very nice for my 1st ones....
                  I stripped,rinsed,dried,blasted coated, I started with the lip first to make sure i was covered then hit the rest of the wheel...
                  [attachment=0:2qnvn21c]IMG_1219 [640x480].JPG[/attachment:2qnvn21c]

Comment

Thanks alot everyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X