Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried caswell glow powder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Auto-Cycle PC
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Thats correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • hjeades
    replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    So the black and red are over top of the clear/glow and the white? Right?

    Harley

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    [quote=Auto-Cycle PC]
    Originally posted by "Powder_Coating_Pros":aa9xvwo6
    I have not used this powder, but I think Jason said he mixes it with mirror white. So if he does this the mirror white like he said would be a tad bit of an off-white and then at night would glow where the white was.
    I mix it with the clear. White down first, glow clear, then mask and mask and mask some more.[/quote:aa9xvwo6]
    Thanks for correcting me Jason...

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Cycle PC
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Originally posted by Powder_Coating_Pros
    I have not used this powder, but I think Jason said he mixes it with mirror white. So if he does this the mirror white like he said would be a tad bit of an off-white and then at night would glow where the white was.
    I mix it with the clear. White down first, glow clear, then mask and mask and mask some more.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    I have not used this powder, but I think Jason said he mixes it with mirror white. So if he does this the mirror white like he said would be a tad bit of an off-white and then at night would glow where the white was.

    Leave a comment:


  • hjeades
    replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Originally posted by Powder_Coating_Pros
    Originally posted by polert
    Has anyone used the caswell glow powder, and what was the result? Is this any limitations, or chemical blending issues?
    I know Auto-Cycle has used the glow powder.



    So that works out to where what you want to be seen you do in white?
    Very cool by the way!!

    Harley

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Mirror clear is a polyester, by the way

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Cycle PC
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Originally posted by polert
    I understand you mix it with clear? Is that polyester, or polyurthane? Can you spray over other colors as well white? Does it tint the base colors appearance?
    I mix it with PBTP Mirror Clear/ Bengal Clear. I have sprayed it over white, black and chrome and they all glowed very well. It does have a slight yellow tint to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Cycle PC
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    [quote=Powder_Coating_Pros]
    Originally posted by "Auto-Cycle PC":23n91cxx
    It works very well. I have had no issues mixing it with Mirror Clear. I have also used NIC Glowbee and it does not glow anywhere near as good as the caswell additive does. The pic of the wheel on caswells site is mine also. When mixing it needs to be ran through a sifter several times on put into a fluidizing hopper to blend it sufficently. Good memory there Chris!
    Have you shot the PBTP glow? I thought the picture above was PBTP powder?

    My memory is very selective...lol

    I still need some stickers made. [/quote:23n91cxx]

    I have not shot PBTP glow, Its a little to expensive for me and I prefer to mix my own so I can get more "BAM!". When You want the stickers?

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Originally posted by Auto-Cycle PC
    It works very well. I have had no issues mixing it with Mirror Clear. I have also used NIC Glowbee and it does not glow anywhere near as good as the caswell additive does. The pic of the wheel on caswells site is mine also. When mixing it needs to be ran through a sifter several times on put into a fluidizing hopper to blend it sufficently. Good memory there Chris!
    Have you shot the PBTP glow? I thought the picture above was PBTP powder?

    My memory is very selective...lol

    I still need some stickers made.

    Leave a comment:


  • Auto-Cycle PC
    Guest replied
    Re: Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    It works very well. I have had no issues mixing it with Mirror Clear. I have also used NIC Glowbee and it does not glow anywhere near as good as the caswell additive does. The pic of the wheel on caswells site is mine also. When mixing it needs to be ran through a sifter several times on put into a fluidizing hopper to blend it sufficently. Good memory there Chris!

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest started a topic Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Anyone tried caswell glow powder

    Originally posted by polert
    Has anyone used the caswell glow powder, and what was the result? Is this any limitations, or chemical blending issues?
    I know Auto-Cycle has used the glow powder.



Working...
X