Wipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipes?

has anyone ever used clorox wipes to clean off parts before.

Re: Wipes?

before coating the part

Comment

i was thinking about it. not sure when i will be able to get out in the garage though. hopefully this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Harleydad
        Never tried it. I don't know the ingredients of the wipes but it may leave some type residue. I'm pretty sure they would shred on a blasted surface, leaving all kinds of lint. Are you going to test it for us?
        Ain't goina work worth a SHT. You will have more lint than a fuzz muffin and even trying to burn the lint off like you should do to any way with not even touching it would be a nightmare. You can wipe sanded primer down with a lint free cloth with what ever on it and then you tack rag it and then you blow it off and the rest is hope you got it all It might would work if the part was chrome or polished aluminum but not worth the chance.

Yep been there done that No touchee the part with nutin but spray/air and a quick torch and then coat and done and BEER time whether you screwed up or not

Comment

thanks duke. it was one of those things that popped in my head as i was using one around the house

Comment

Working...
          X