Best way to try!? to Coat expanded metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to try!? to Coat expanded metal

Well called my buddy Jason to help me come up with a price to do some patio furniture and he told me some prices and then he ask what it was like and I told him that it was expanded metal type and he ask me have I ever tried to do it yet and I said nope and he said you are in for some fun or aggravation either or I guess even with his best guns.

So lets see how you guys do it? I would guess that you might want to heat it up a bit and try it that way? I also have some infrared lights that work good for painting and do real well but want go the heat for powder. But get up to the 250+ mark.

Ok guys give up the sure way to do it.

And Jason is in his new house now but has no net connections yet at home

Re: Best way to try!? to Coat expanded metal

Shooting the powder isn't as bad as it may seem. With the wrap around effect of most guns, shooting one side all but covers the other.

Blasting this chit on the other hand...............P.I.T.A.!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CPC-2
      Shooting the powder isn't as bad as it may seem. With the wrap around effect of most guns, shooting one side all but covers the other.

Blasting this chit on the other hand...............P.I.T.A.!!!
      I am with you on the blasting part. The water blaster attachment I posted a while back would work well maybe on something like that I guess except for the heavy use of sand and the flash rust part. The local guy here also has a water sand blaster and it does not take the pressure washer like the one a listed? I need to go see it I guess. He said it just uses the pressure of your water out of the spicket?

Comment

Ya Blasting expanded SUX but copating is wasy. Just takes time. Lower airflow, lower KV and farther gun to part distance. 12-14" let the powder float to the metal, anf find its way into the corners. Ohh GOOD LIGHTING too. so you can see if your thin anywhere

Comment

Working...
        X