Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blast glass covers

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blast glass covers

    Anyone still looking for blast glass covers? I have found that the local tractor supply carries them in stock, if you have a tractor supply near you, may want to check it out.

  • #2
    Re: Blast glass covers

    Cool thanks.

    Harley

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Blast glass covers

      Also MCmasters has them you can cut to size cheap.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Blast glass covers

        So is this for the glass cover in the blasting cabinet? Is that what we're talking about? If so, what is the main advantage of going with the glass one? Is it stronger than the plexy unit? I keep having to replace those plastic films in front of my window, if glass doesn't require this and stays clear I would be much happier.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Blast glass covers

          Originally posted by [SM
          Juan]So is this for the glass cover in the blasting cabinet? Is that what we're talking about? If so, what is the main advantage of going with the glass one? Is it stronger than the plexy unit? I keep having to replace those plastic films in front of my window, if glass doesn't require this and stays clear I would be much happier.
          It's the same as what you are talking about they just call them glass covers.

          Harley

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Blast glass covers

            Originally posted by hjeades
            Originally posted by [SM
            Juan]So is this for the glass cover in the blasting cabinet? Is that what we're talking about? If so, what is the main advantage of going with the glass one? Is it stronger than the plexy unit? I keep having to replace those plastic films in front of my window, if glass doesn't require this and stays clear I would be much happier.
            It's the same as what you are talking about they just call them glass covers.

            Harley
            I see. Is this for those building a cabinet or to serve as replacements? If it's a replacement, what's the advantage of using one of these over the one that came with the cabinet?

            I have to ask because I have to replace that plastic film on mine quite often. It's also hard to see most of the time as crap gets trapped between the window and the film or it just gets to beat up it's hard to see through...

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Blast glass covers

              I think you're still misunderstanding. He is talking about the protective films. They do tend to get beat up after awhile and need to be replaced, but its a lot easier and cheaper than changing the glass or plexiglass window. Glass won't mark up unprotected as fast as plexiglass, but both will eventually become clouded just like the film does and require replacement. I'd rather spend a couple of bucks each time changing the film than spend $30 to $50 on a new window every few months.
              Dan
              sigpic

              I carry a gun because I'm too young to die, and too old to take an ass-whoopin'!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Blast glass covers

                Originally posted by wiseguyz
                I think you're still misunderstanding. He is talking about the protective films. They do tend to get beat up after awhile and need to be replaced, but its a lot easier and cheaper than changing the glass or plexiglass window. Glass won't mark up unprotected as fast as plexiglass, but both will eventually become clouded just like the film does and require replacement. I'd rather spend a couple of bucks each time changing the film than spend $30 to $50 on a new window every few months.
                Gotcha! Thanks Dan.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Blast glass covers

                  I need more, need a place in Canada where to get 12'x24' protective sheets. Princess auto wnted $35 for 8 12x18 Like Dayum thats pricy

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Blast glass covers

                    Film Mcmaster sells.....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Blast glass covers

                      Originally posted by Powder_Coating_Pros
                      Film Mcmaster sells.....
                      Gotta link or part number you could post?

                      Harley

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Blast glass covers

                        I posted in Feb on EW.

                        " bought a 40"x100' roll of 007 CLR Duralar and with shipping $124.41 from Graphix Plastics. Mine takes an 11 1/2" by 23 1/2" piece. I use automotive grade 3m tape to seal it. Not the cheep 3m but like the green tape you see at auto zone and advance auto. They will also cut it the size you want it but gets higher that way also. I will get 162 sheets out of it. That's less than 77 cents per sheet. If they cut it $1.46 per sheet. Their min order is $100

                        The 007 mil is the correct one. I sent them a sample of the EW ones I have been buying.

                        The stock number is R07DC40100 and its Duralar.
                        800-447-2349 ext 139 Cynthia (ET time)"

                        http://www.grafixplastics.com/plastic_film.asp

                        Two people a straight edge and a razor knife. I use the left over to tape to any face shields I have. I buy the double sided tape to get it in place and then I use a better grade of painters tape ( not BLUE )to seal it so stuff does not get between the glass and the cover. That will take care of one of Juan's problems and he is on his on with the rest

                        TNC has a Blast It All blasters and you can buy it by the roll with the roller and just loosen 4 wing nuts pull the film through and then cut the old off. But you have to have the right cabinet to use it. http://forum.eastwoodco.com/showthread.php?t=7609 near the bottom by TNC for the guys that don't know him.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X