OUTGASSING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUTGASSING

Do I need to worry about every substrate outgassing ?

Re: OUTGASSING

Are you asking or fishing?

Comment

I need this answer for a customer .....

Comment

From my limited experience, the only parts that you need to be concerned about o/g'ing are cast parts. Cast parts of any material, and any casting method, which includes forgings. Hot rolled, cold rolled and extrusions shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I usually go with the "better safe than sorry" and throw everything in the oven. I usually do this anyway just to make sure the part fits properly in the oven according to how it's suspended, this is especially critical with a small oven :P I also like to see how the part reacts to the heat when the temperature starts to rise, not quite sure what I'm looking for, but some day it will pay off LOL.

Comment

Thank you....so you are saying a base coat is not needed for all substrates ?

Comment

Originally posted by THEKING
              Thank you....so you are saying a base coat is not needed for all substrates ?
              Wait......what? Basecoat? You changed horses on me. I thought we were talking about outgassing

But basecoating requirements *are* closely tied to o/g issues. Some parts will o/g no matter what you try and do to overcome it. Old car pot metal pieces are the worst, and almost always need a good base. The KL Primer is probably as good as it gets for this.

Did someone steal your laptop? These seem like questions you are normally answering for the rest of us. What gives?

Comment

Proving a point to a newbie that was incorrectly trained...thank you CPC2 kiss kiss

Comment

Proving a point to a newbie that was incorrectly trained...thank you CPC2 kiss kiss

Oh, ok. For a minute there I thought I'd been gone way too long. Either that or I was loosing my mind.

That "thud" sound you just heard was H-dad hitting the ground after being kicked of my wagon. The shotgun seat is for Shelly.......as long as she's wearin' the cute little leather number

Comment

Originally posted by CPC-2
                    That "thud" sound you just heard was H-dad hitting the ground after being kicked of my wagon. The shotgun seat is for Shelly.......as long as she's wearin' the cute little leather number
                    Hahaha...

Comment

So, the point is anyone can outgas at the worst moment.

Am I correct?

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Harleydad
                        Originally posted by CPC-2

Oh, ok. For a minute there I thought I'd been gone way too long. Either that or I was loosing my mind.

I just said I was jumping on, didn't say where. I certainly won't ride bitch.
                        Are you calling me a bitch?

Comment

Originally posted by jtsmith
                          So, the point is anyone can outgas at the worst moment.

Am I correct?

lol

Comment

I think Mam is worse....

Comment

I could but I won't just because I am kind enough to show mercy

Comment

Working...
                              X