THE POWDER COATING PROCESS-How powder is manufactured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE POWDER COATING PROCESS-How powder is manufactured

This is how powder is manufactured....and the equipment required!!! Powder must be manufactured in a clean room with humidity controls, ect.

Re: THE POWDER COATING PROCESS-How powder is manufactured

I just have to - They come in all sizes !!!

Comment

Everyone loves a smart a$$!

Comment

No, No, I mean its great! dont take me the wrong way, im the biggest smart a$$ around, and I love it, I THINK THE KING DOES TO!

Comment

Speeking of which, I have hunted white tail for years! Just wasnt sure you were talking bout that in your thread or not, (know what I mean)

Comment

Originally posted by GONGCHUAN
            No, No, I mean its great! dont take me the wrong way, im the biggest smart a$$ around, and I love it, I THINK THE KING DOES TO!

Not a problem at all with a smart A$$, just make sure you can stay in the ring...it gets a little messy sometimes

Comment

We need a "how it's made" episode for powder...

Comment

This forum was designed as an educational tool to our customers....to blend powder the above equipment is required. If the equipment is not there, they do not blend powder....it is as simple as that...As the Powder Turns

Comment

I'm sorry, but that does not explain a thing except how powder is transported through the manufacturing facility. This tells nothing of the manufacturing process.

I also think a how it's made TV show would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Harleydad
                    Wow, that machinery is small. Somehow I thought those types of machines were larger. :P :P

They come in all sizes. 20 lbs/hour throughput, up to 2000 lbs/hr. (I saw a special 1.5tons machine)
                    Even the 1000 lb/h machines are not realy small.
                    Problem with manufactoring PC is, that you do not see anything before you spray testpanels at the end of everything. If one small step somewhere within the process is wrong, all is garbage. You can not fix it after production.

B

Comment

Originally posted by jtsmith
                      I'm sorry, but that does not explain a thing except how powder is transported through the manufacturing facility. This tells nothing of the manufacturing process.

Nobody in his right mind will show you how it's done. Years and years of experience goes into such a complex process. You need a couple of good chemical engineers, pigment experts, process engineers and good raw materials. The total mix of all makes good and reliable powder coating.

Comment

Aw-geez
                        you need to watch the show-
                        often times a "carefully guarded secret" is ommited ,
                        we don't need the recipe or temperature to see bagels come out of the oven do we?

This forum is informative yes, and I do like it-so don;t take this as rude. If you are going to have a " how powder is manufactured" thread, then show us how it is manufactured. This thread has no useful info --as of yet

Comment

Originally posted by benwish
                          Originally posted by jtsmith

Nobody in his right mind will show you how it's done. Years and years of experience goes into such a complex process. You need a couple of good chemical engineers, pigment experts, process engineers and good raw materials. The total mix of all makes good and reliable powder coating.
                          There should be no reason to show the process, even include details to temperature or chemicals. I have seen shows like How It's Made show how to make disposable diapers, doughnuts, and pianos. Doesn't mean I have the resources to pursue a career in the piano manufacturing industry or open my own doughnut shop to compete with Krispy Kreme. Anyone COULD, that's the beauty of this country, but few actually will.

I agree that pictures and more info on the process would be interesting to see. Trust me, I have no interest in making my own powder and eliminating PBTP from the process, I'm just curious like I'm sure a lot of other people are, it's human nature.

Comment

The equipment for manufacturing powder has been purchased by PBTP. So the show and tell will be on

Comment

Now that is what we want!!
                              Hey, call the discovery channel and have them film an episode-they usually give company credits toward the end. 10 minutes of free infomercial. IMO you can't beat that.

They are always looking for ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X