Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most realistic chrome?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Most realistic chrome?

    What is the chrome powder that comes the closest to legit chrome that you all have tried?

  • #2
    Re: Most realistic chrome?

    All the chrome I have tried so far resemble polished alyuminum. I am still trying different ones though.

    Harley

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Most realistic chrome?

      Anyone tried the patented chrome?
      http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Most realistic chrome?

        Originally posted by JHForman
        Anyone tried the patented chrome?
        What patened chrome??

        Harley

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Most realistic chrome?

          http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalo ... cts_id=924
          http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Most realistic chrome?

            I tried it, it looks like "highly" polished aluminum. About the closest I've tried so far. I put too much clear on the chevron piece in the pic so it dulled more than it should have. Better than most I'd say. I know what your'e looking for though, mee too.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Most realistic chrome?

              Originally posted by dustyspowdercoating
              I tried it, it looks like "highly" polished aluminum. About the closest I've tried so far. I put too much clear on the chevron piece in the pic so it dulled more than it should have. Better than most I'd say. I know what your'e looking for though, mee too.
              That looks like an amatuer job at polishing aluminum but is definetly the closest yet !!
              http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Most realistic chrome?

                Prior to being clearcoated, the PBTP Ultimate Chrome is very close. After clearcoat however, it looks much more like polished aluminum.

                Prior to being cleared:

                http://www.icixsound.com/vb/icixnati...es/124_956.jpg

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Most realistic chrome?

                  Originally posted by JHForman
                  http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_112&products_id=924
                  I didn't realize Ultimate chrome had patent in it's name.
                  I have used Ultimate chrome.

                  Harley

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Most realistic chrome?

                    Originally posted by hjeades
                    Originally posted by JHForman
                    http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_112&products_id=924
                    I didn't realize Ultimate chrome had patent in it's name.
                    I have used Ultimate chrome.

                    Harley

                    Is the patented the same as the Ultimate? There is a cost difference in the 2 i know that.
                    http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Most realistic chrome?

                      Originally posted by JHForman
                      Originally posted by hjeades
                      Originally posted by JHForman
                      http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=46_112&products_id=924
                      I didn't realize Ultimate chrome had patent in it's name.
                      I have used Ultimate chrome.

                      Harley

                      Is the patented the same as the Ultimate? There is a cost difference in the 2 i know that.
                      I'm not sure. I, as I said didn't know about patent so after the link above showing it in the catalog I looked at the chromes page and patent Ultimate chrome is the only ultimate listed.
                      http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalo ... ath=46_112

                      Harley

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Most realistic chrome?

                        Originally posted by hjeades

                        I'm not sure. I, as I said didn't know about patent so after the link above showing it in the catalog I looked at the chromes page and patent Ultimate chrome is the only ultimate listed.
                        http://www.powderbuythepound.com/catalo ... ath=46_112

                        Harley

                        My bad, there is extreme chrome, and patented ultimate chrome. there is a cost difference between the 2 all the other companies only have the extreme chrome, and it doesnt really look all that chrome.
                        http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...60garfield.jpg

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X